emerging from COVID-19 RESPONSE
The Nature Inn and Staff are looking forward to a gradual return to normal beginning in early June 2021. It’s been a long road with valuable lessons learned along the way about how to ensure the safety and comfort of our valued guests. The steps, precautions and procedures we developed back in May 2020 has meant that we were able to successively navigate the pandemic without significant impact on the guests that stayed with us over the past twelve months. So, let’s once again focus on making memories, rather than be burdened by concerns and worries. To that end, we’ve tried to provide our guests with as much information as possible about the things we are continuing to do in order to ensure your safety.
The links below detail the precautions that we’re keeping in place during the next phase of reopening beginning June 1, 2021. They take into account industry “best practices” and adhere to guidance being provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), the Governor’s Office and the PA Department of Health. Our Innkeeper, Charlie Brooks, is onsite daily and continues to serve as the property’s Pandemic Safety Officer. He is available to discuss our COVID-19 initiatives and protocols and to answer any of your questions.
In turn, we appreciate your patience as we are all in this together as we navigate a safe, methodical exit from the COVID-19 guidance and restrictions that have been in place this past year. We ask for your continued personal responsibility, specifically with regards to masking indoors and observing appropriate social distancing if you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also ask that you continue to follow the recommended federal, state and local guidelines for self-protection. By taking care of yourself, you will take care of others.
While we won’t be conducting wellness screenings of arriving guests, we do ask that per CDC guidelines you refrain from travel if presenting COVID-19, cold or flu like symptoms, or have a compromised immune system
Masking recommended but not required for vaccinated guests. Masking is required for unvaccinated guests.
Take advantage of the hand sanitizing stations available in our public areas
Communicate with us. Ask questions and let us know if you have concerns so that we can address them.
What You Can Expect From Our Staff
All Nature Inn staff members have undergone COVID Safety & Sanitation Protocol Training before guest arrive on site.
- Upon entering the building, each employee will complete a health check including a temperature self-screen using a touchless thermometer. Employees registering a temperature at or above 100.4 will not be permitted to work their shift and will be encouraged to seek guidance and care based on recommendations from their primary care provider
- Employees will continue to receive their regular pay for missed shifts if they opt to stay home rather than report to work when they or someone in their household are ill, symptomatic, running a fever or otherwise at risk of infecting others
- All employees will continue wearing masks for the entirety of their shift, regardless of vaccination status.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available and shall be worn by employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence with federal, state or local regulations and guidance
- Employees always practice proper and frequent handwashing to help combat the spread of viruses
We want to assure you that our safe and seamless process respects social distancing while limiting physical interactions.
- Touch free methods of payment will continue to be available and we’ll gladly accept cash as well for payment
- We’ll continue to provide self-service disinfectant, paper supplies and disposable gloves in our foyer as an added precaution for your use during loading and unloading
- Please continue to respect others by appropriately social distancing within our lobby and at the registration desk
- Contactless check-out is still available for all guests by simply leaving your key cards in your room upon departure
- All guests are asked to respect social distancing guidance while indoors
There is no longer a statewide requirement to wear masks.
Cleaning & Disinfecting | Guest Rooms
Guest rooms are our highest priority. You will be spending a lot of time there and we are committed to providing you a safe, clean and sanitary room to relax and rejuvenate in.
Guest rooms, including all high touch surfaces, will be thoroughly sanitized between guests using hospital grade disinfectants that adhere to CDC and EPA guidelines
Single use, individually wrapped drinking cups, condiment, supplies and amenities will be provided
When occupancy permits, guestrooms will remain vacant for at least 24 hours between guest stays
Cleaning & Disinfecting | Public Spaces
- Regular cleaning & disinfecting of all public areas & high touch point surfaces continues
- Self-service sanitation supplies will be available throughout the property for guest use during their stay.
Guest Dining & Food Service
Our chef is ServSafe certified. This is a national program that teaches safe-food preparation and handling. Chef oversees all food handling and production to make sure we are always exceeding all PA Department of Agriculture guidelines.
- Beginning May 24th, we’ve reintroduced our delicious hot breakfast buffet service in the Great Room which is available daily from 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM
- In addition to our complimentary breakfast and a la carte boxed lunch options, we continue to offer dining options that include our weeknight meal options, as well as Friday & Saturday night take-out specials for our overnight guests.
- Exterior patio and grill areas are open and are equipped with self-service sanitation supplies for added safety
Varied housekeeping service options are available during your stay based on individual guest’s comfort level in having staff members enter and service their guest room. We have created a simple and reliable solutions to ensure all of your needs are attended to.
- Traditional stayover service is available by simply posting your “Maid Service Requested” door hanger by late morning
- Alternatively, our “Housekeeping Checklist” continues to be available as a means for guests to request items they would like refreshed during their stay. Those door hanger lists should be left on your door for housekeeping to fulfil between 11AM & 2PM.
- “Towel Exchange” bags will be available in each room for soiled linens and towels. It along with trash and may be left outside your door for housekeeping to collect
- Industry “best practices” cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to top 10 high-touch areas including television remote controls, door handles, furniture, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring.
Meetings & Events
Our meetings and events have resumed operations as normal. If you have any specific needs to follow your business or organization COVID protocols, please communicate those needs to our event planner. We are more than happy to make adjustments in service as needed.